Hotel room blocks at a glance
- Generally, consist of 5 or more hotel rooms
- Useful for reserving hotel rooms for event attendees at a fixed, pre-negotiated rate.
- Room blocks require no financial commitment from event organizers but typically have a booking deadline.
- Discounted room blocks are finalized by signing an agreement.
- Free rooms for group coordinator available.
- Book as a group and pay the hotel separately.
What is a hotel room block?
A room block is a set of hotel rooms that are held in advance at a fixed, negotiated rate.
Whether you’re in need of a group of hotel rooms for a conference, expo, corporate retreat or social event, you can use this option to negotiate rates with hotels.
How does this work?
Create your event page on Eventzilla. It is free to list your event.
Click on “Accommodation & Lodging” link on the left navigation.
You will be presented with 2 choices.
Option 1: The Simpler choice to display hotel choices around your event venue.
Option 2: Secure a negotiated group rate from hundreds of hotels near the event venue.
Attendee experience for Option 1:
When you select direct hotel booking option and set the star ratings and price range, your attendees will be presented with hotel choices on ticket confirmation page. They can click on a hotel, see discounted rates and book online. Attendees will receive an email confirming the booking immediately. Attendees can also view and cancel their booking online or over the phone, as per the cancellation policy set by the hotel.
To get the group rates from hotels:
Step 1. Fill Out One Simple Form
You will be assigned to one of our expert planners and the hotels will provide customized quotes based on your group reservation requirements.
Step 2. Compare & Negotiate Online
Our easy-to-use tools will allow you to compare offers and negotiate online!
Step 3. Select The Best Deal. Lowest Group Rates, Guaranteed!
Our private rates provided to you are typically lower than online rates offered to the general public.
Do I get help?
An account representative will be assigned to you. He or she will help make sure your hotel deals are not only the best, but that the hotel and location will fit your business needs.
What happens next?
– You get hotel rooms for your event attendees at a fixed, pre-negotiated rate.
– Discounted room blocks are finalized by signing an agreement with the hotel.
– You can publish the link and discount code on your event website.