Be it your neighborhood get-together or a big gala party, you cannot deny that the success or failure of any event depends on the way it is promoted. You don’t really need to go to an event to know what its outcome would be for the organizers. And what better way to promote your event than the latest fad in the world of socialization. Welcome to event promotion, the social way. The social bookmarking websites are an immense potential that can be tapped into, to create the buzz for your event long before it starts.
So, where do we begin? Well, the first thing is to make a presence on the social bookmarking sites that matter. Needless to say, Facebook and Twitter top the list as the prime targets.
These sites have been designed to keep people in touch and that’s how we should use them.
Keep in touch
- Stay in touch with your audience. Create an event mail list so that you can pass on the happenings to one and all immediately.
- Create a blog for the event and share your preparations for the event with your people. Be passionate about it, talk on forums, chat with them and understand what they are expecting from you and the event.
- Use the bookmarking widgets like ‘Tweet this’ and ‘Send to a friend’ to spread the event-mania as much as you can.
Share it all
- Share pictures and videos of the event and everything that matters on Flickr, Facebook, Youtube channels.
- Live Streaming! Everyone may not be able to reach the event. Give them a chance to watch from home.